Scared to fail

Im almost 30. Yet I'm so scared to fail that I turn down so many great opportunities. I shouldn't be scared right? I have all these passion filled inside of me that is waiting to explode out of my little 4 feet 6 inch body, but for some reason it just won't come out. I remember, when I was young, dancing was my life. I loved traditional Thai and Laos dancing. Every moment I could, I would dance my heart out. I remember my first performance at church. I was 5 years old. I was so excited and filled with happiness. I wasn't even scared or nervous. My joy and excitement was expressed all over my face. I danced with a broken arm the following year with a cast on my left arm. Everyone thought I was a crazy 6 years old. I didnt care what anyone thought. I was truly happy and excited that I got to dance my heart out once again in frount of all these people. Started dancing all sorts of different style. Hip pop, jazz, contemporary, modern dancing, and obviously my traditional Thai and Laos dances. I didn't want to stop. It made me happy. Every beat that I danced to made me that much more happier. I remember being happy, being excited, getting my self ready for the next performance, creating smiles on other people's face as the music turned on, and not being scared if I was good or bad. I just danced. I had a dream of being a performer. I wanted a career in dancing, espicially in Traditional Thai and Laos dance. Unfortunately, to me, it was too good to be true. I was scared that I wouldn't be come something I had wished to be. My happiness started to fade day by day. No one knew. I didn't want to make myself look like a fool, waiting to see if I could make a success in something I was truly passionate about. So I decided to go into child development. I love  to work with kids, don't get me wrong. I love kids and they inspire me to become a more positive and stronger person. I learn just as much or even more from them than most adults. But my desire still lingered in my soul. I started watching YouTube and noticed there were hundreds of viodeos of people dancing. They even make money. I wanted to pursue it and see if it would take me anywhere, but I was too scared. I was scared I wasn't good enough. I didn't think my dancing would make anyone smile or feel inspired anymore. I was scared the smiles would turn into laughter. So I stopped

Comments